Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Everything Animal Conservation  

Kitten question about stools

Go down 
+2
Everything Animal
Tee5
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tee5

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Kitten question about stools Empty
PostSubject: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:24 am

I just got a kitten from someone and she went poop and it was solid but she had some blood and liquid poop still on her rectum. Can that be serious? Could she pass something on to my other animals or my children? What should I do being it is a weekend?
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:04 pm

your best bet is to ring the vet as this could be serious
Back to top Go down
https://everythinganimal.forumakers.com
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:09 pm

It's quite posssible that it just needs worming, however if the cats haven't been vacinated then it could be something more serious. Best to take to your vets and seek medical attension asap. You will need to do this even if it is just worms, as over the counter worming medicines are no good.
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:20 pm

yep ring the vet asap, or just go down there, my friend (trainee vet) said it could be Coccidia or Giardia. Coccida causes diarrhea, and blood and mucous may my present. if your kitten does have this and it is left untreated it can result in dehydration and even death. it can be treated with a drugcalled sulfadimethoxine, which your vet should be able to give you.
also coccida is contagious. so you need to take the kitten away from the other animals.

it could be Giardia but my friend is not to sure about that in cats as it is more common in dogs.

hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Tee5

Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Thank you   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Thank you al for your input. I have a 1 year old female cat who is not taking well to the kitten is that normal? She took off last night as usual but has not come back this morning. Do you think she ran away?
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:25 pm

give it time and she should be back.
Back to top Go down
Emily&Uluru

Emily&ampUluru

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Awwwwwww, I Love cats yay!
Back to top Go down
Alexsertu

Registration date : 2013-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi,
Sometimes we see every cat fall in diseases. then they were so sick then we see at the last time they are falling in the die. that's the time we can save our favorite pet cat.

dog groomer new york

Pet's Agenda is the best way to attract new customers and expand your business. Join now and have more patients at your door!
Back to top Go down
http://petsagenda.com/
Snakes Incorporated
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:52 am

Tee5 wrote:
...blood and liquid poop still on her rectum. ...

Sometimes this can happen if bird bones are eaten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitten question about stools   Kitten question about stools Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kitten question about stools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mammals :: Cats :: Medical questions and comments-
Jump to: