Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Everything Animal Conservation  

Milk Snakes and Sand

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Blue

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Milk Snakes and Sand Empty
PostSubject: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:13 am

So, I have been going through different reptiles, as I am trying to save them from the biology labs at my school. Unfortunately, many of the teachers there don't know how to care for them properly as they are too busy to learn and don't have enough time to care for them. So, I am thinking about getting a milksnake from one of the labs, and I have been doing research on them. There is one thing though, that I am not sure on, can milksnakes be kept on sand? If this is possible, please tell me the type of sand that is recommended, but if it isn't, I will be fine with going with aspen shavings. Smile
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Im not to sure about that one,
i'v heard that the sand can get under the scales and cause infection.
Back to top Go down
https://everythinganimal.forumakers.com
Blue
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:39 am

Ah, I will probably go with aspen shavings just to be careful then. Thank you for the help, Chris.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:10 pm

what is it on at the moment
Back to top Go down
Blue
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:46 am

I never got one, and I actually wont be, as the snake I have been eyeing passed away at the pet store, or was sold. I will be getting a dwarf hamster, rather, as it will be a rescue from a friend.
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:42 am

Didn't you say you were getting it from your school lab's?
Back to top Go down
https://everythinganimal.forumakers.com
Blue
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:20 am

It's a long story, the one at the lab I couldn't get as the teacher said he would be keeping it, so I then put my eye on buying one myself, but I would rather rescue an animal then just purchase one.
Back to top Go down
BrizzysReps

BrizzysReps

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:47 pm

Papertowels are always the safest, you can use aspen as well, carefresh bedding is another good one to be saf with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milk Snakes and Sand   Milk Snakes and Sand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milk Snakes and Sand
Page 1 of 1