HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  Everything Animal Conservation  

Share | 

"i was thinking"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: "i was thinking"   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:45 pm

well corns must have had a good temperment breed into them.

and yes blue, i agree with you

Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: "i was thinking"   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Not necessarily, they were simply one of the earliest domesticated animal, and to become much more.....suitable, for humans homes, they bred them to satisfy different tastes.

This is true with Betta splendens, also known as Siamese Fighting fish or Betta. The males have been bred through countless generations, to have the flowing tails. The tails serve no purpose in the wild, it would actually get them killed, as they are slow and heavy, while being pretty. Should we tamper with mother nature? I don't know, you decide, we have all enjoyed seeing or keeping the fancy goldfish, a round belly and funny swimming behavior, appealing to many. But they are also a product of artificial selection, and they tend to suffer many more diseases and ailments compared to the much more original and ancestrally in-tact carp. Blood parrot cichlids, Flowerhorn cichlids, both do not occur in the wild, the blood parrot being an genetic anomaly, the flowerhorn being a cross breed (which two cichlids it is the result of, is beyond me.)

I'm sure there are reptiles that have been adjusted to suit humans needs more, I simply cannot remember them, not as well as I used to at the least.

Everything Animal
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "i was thinking"   Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:21 pm

lol! , i wonder where all the variations came from, there are so many lol affraid

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: "i was thinking"   Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 pm

the dog was domesticated from the wolf, so i guess you could say they are the wild dogs... they kind of are! and like jackals and stuff.. had to write a longg essay on it a while ago!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: "i was thinking"   Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:39 am

They are domesticated dogs. Most, if not all, household dogs, are nearly incapable of living in the wild. This is especially true of smaller "lap-sized" dogs, they would be eaten in a matter of days.

Wild dogs are much different looking and behaving. They are much more intact with their wild instincts, and while domesticated household dogs do show their pack behaviors often, the wild dog will exert it on other people.

Everything Animal
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: "i was thinking"   Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:05 am

all pets like snakes, lizards, spiders, rats, mice, hamsters, fish ect...
you find in the wild, right,
well dogs? there are hundreds of species of dog, but you wouldn't find a jack russel in the wild or a border collie in the wild.

strange?

PostSubject: Re: "i was thinking"   

Back to top Go down

"i was thinking"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1