Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Everything Animal Conservation  

New Tank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blue
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Blue

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-02-01

New Tank Empty
PostSubject: New Tank   New Tank Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:30 am

A good friend of mine had a tank that she "got bored of." I don't judge her for how she treats fish, as she is a wonderful dog owner, as the mentality for caring for fish, and for dogs, is drastically different.

So anyways, I received her tank on Saturday, and have it set-up. I have replaced the original large pebble substrate with a black tahitian and onyx sand mix. The rocks, wooden cave, and plastic plants with one bamboo, will be replaced also, as I am a person that prefers an all-natural set-up. Or at least, as natural as one can get with a glass box.

It is a 42 gallon tall, the dimensions being: 25" tall x 25" long x 16" deep. Now, by my standards, this tank is on the smaller side, and so, my current stocking plan is going to be.....tricky, at best.

3 Angelfish (If two pair, then the remaining one will be returned to store)

1 pair of Keyhole Cichlids (VERY difficult to keep with angelfish, not recommended!)

1 pair of gold-spot goby's (Stiphodon genus)

This tank, as I said before, is NOT easy to do. And I find the level of difficulty it would require to pull this off, staggering for someone of my experience, but I will take my time, and be patient. It really is the best thing I can do.

I will get pictures up soon, I promise, life itself is proving to be busy enough, but I shall make sure to get some time in to post pics.
Back to top Go down

New Tank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fish :: General Discussions-
Jump to: