Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Everything Animal Conservation  

Cleaning Canister Filter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hannalice

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Cleaning Canister Filter Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning Canister Filter   Cleaning Canister Filter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Hey guys, trying to avert a wet, shouty moment.

The last time I tried to clean my Marineland C-160 canister filter, it was a disaster: draining tank into floor, unable to start back up, etc. Before I try to clean it again, I was wondering if anyone on here had a clear, consice (and blond-proof) guide to cleaning one of these things? Just thought about cleaning it again, started to unhook one of my hoses, got way more water pressure than I should have and gave up quick. Can someone tell me, step by step, how to unhook, clean, and hook back up one of these things, with minimal mess and swearing?

I threatened this the last time I tried, but if cleaning this is always gonna be this tough, I'm switching to a power filter- my poor nerves can't handle this! affraid
Back to top Go down
hannalice

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Canister Filter   Cleaning Canister Filter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 am

Nevermind, got it figured out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Canister Filter   Cleaning Canister Filter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Good good, i dont even know what that filter looks like lol, so i would be alot of help lol

good you got it sorted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://everythinganimal.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Canister Filter   Cleaning Canister Filter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Canister Filter
Page 1 of 1