Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Everything Animal Conservation  

...paging all horse people...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hannalice

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-19

...paging all horse people... Empty
PostSubject: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 4:01 am

Aww... I can't be the *only* horse person on here!

...can I?

Well, either way...

Hi guys! I've been riding in various disciplines (mainly Western disciplines) for about 10 years. My current passion is Reining, though I like anything that has a little speed involved. Very Happy I'm kind of a Dressage girl, too. Went to Meredith Manor International Equestrian Center and graduated with their Riding Master 6 last June (holy cow, 1 yr! It hasn't felt that long...) I'm kind of on hiatus at the moment... got a bit burnt out after working for a guy in CO. I'll prolly post some photos in the gallery at some point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:48 am

Well done will the Meredith Manor International Equestrian Center (im not sure what that is but well done!)
And also what does Reining involve?
Back to top Go down
https://everythinganimal.forumakers.com
hannalice

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks Chris! The Manor (as it's called at school Wink ) is basically a horsey trade school... you go there instead of to real college. You get your butt kicked in riding if you want, or you can study as an Equine Science Master and not ride. It was a load of fun (as well as pain and frustration) but it's a great school if you're serious about horses. As far as reining goes, here's a video to give you an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQEwRK9SQOw
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Learn somthing new everyday lol! Very Happy Very Happy

They are crazy horses aswell, iv never seen a horse spin around that fast!
Back to top Go down
hannalice

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Some of the best fun I've had on a horse! Very Happy Slides are more fun, though, and less dizzying. lol!
Back to top Go down
Everything Animal
Admin
Admin
Everything Animal

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:34 pm

lol! so in the compition what is the aim?
like the biggest skid?
Back to top Go down
hannalice

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Mostly correctness, though length of slide is a factor, I'm sure. If one horse slides 15 feet but doesn't do it right, that gets scored less than the horse that only slides 7 ft but does it perfectly. Or at least that's how it works in theory.
Back to top Go down
cara

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:00 pm

that looks abit mental! dont the horses go skitz?!
i am really interested in horses too, used to loan, but am really looking to save some money and buy! although im at college at the mo, and its all about the animal welfare!
where do they do this kind of riding?!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jack
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:06 pm

i love horses but my last horse died 2 years ago
of colic
but i realy want to get back in the saddle
Back to top Go down
cara

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 pm

The horse i was loaning also died of colic,
i am going on a riding holiday in august in Northumberland, went last year and it was mental. Haven't ridden in a while so think its gonna kill!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...paging all horse people...   ...paging all horse people... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...paging all horse people...
Page 1 of 1